2000-12-28 21:35:44

by Ray Strode

Subject: [BUG] in 2.4.0test12 and earlier

I've posted these problems several times before, but I've never received
any response, and I'd really like this problems worked out. I'd be happy
to try anything that I can to assist in the bug tracking process.
Basically,
the kernel locks up on my Alpha PC164 when network load is high. It
does it with several different NICs. Any ideas?

Also, If I try to compile the kernel for PC164 instead of generic, then the
computer gets irq probe errors for the hard drive, and the computer doesn't
boot. Any ideas?

I would really appreciate help in solving these problems.

--Ray Strode

2000-12-29 17:40:31

by Ray Strode

Subject: Re: [BUG] in 2.4.0test12 and earlier

>the kernel locks up on my Alpha PC164 when network load is
>high. It does it with several different NICs.
>Also, If I try to compile the kernel for PC164 instead of generic,
>then the computer gets irq probe errors for the hard drive, and
>the computer doesn't boot.

I hate to respond to my own mail, but does anyone here run linux on an
Alpha? Is there a better place to ask these questions?

--Ray Strode