2003-01-04 03:05:19

by Matthew D. Pitts

Subject: Re: Why is Nvidia given GPL'd code to use in non-free drivers?

Shane,

> I think it is important to remember that copyright law was not designed to
> make you or anyone else "rich". Copyright law is concerned with
> promoting societies progress.
>
> Shane
If you had written this a hundred years ago, it might have been more true.
The fact is, in the US anyway, copyright law has become totally
unrecognisable to what the Founding Fathers meant it to be.

Matthew D. Pitts

2003-01-04 03:10:21

by Hell.Surfers

Erm you wanted this to stop, yet you continue to fuel the argument, surely the pope is next to be mentioned in this madness? Do I look like I want to collapse google? By the way, that info is on every search engine, stop fueling the Valhalla sized argument, go play with your baby!

Dean McEwan, If the drugs don't work, [sarcasm] take more...[/sarcasm].

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 18:22:35 -0800 Larry McVoy <[email protected]> wrote:

Attachments:
(No filename) (7.26 kB)

2003-01-04 04:58:27

by Hell.Surfers

Linus didnt write all of the files they use, so he has no right to give permission.

Dean McEwan, If the drugs don't work, [sarcasm] take more...[/sarcasm].

On Fri, 03 Jan 2003 15:30:32 -0500 Richard Stallman <[email protected]> wrote:

Attachments:
(No filename) (2.79 kB)

2003-01-04 15:34:24

by Steven Barnhart

On Sat, 04 Jan 2003 05:05:28 +0000, Hell.Surfer wrote:

> Linus didnt write all of the files they use, so he has no right to give permission.
>
> Dean McEwan, If the drugs don't work, [sarcasm] take more...[/sarcasm].
>
> On Fri, 03 Jan 2003 15:30:32 -0500 Richard Stallman <[email protected]> wrote:

Can't we all stop fighting about what is and not free and all that
crap and go back to our routine hacking? This is for the linux kernel
development not discussing Nvidia's choices and such...

Steven