Subject: Linux regressions report for mainline [2022-07-10]

Hi Linus! With the changes you just merged, I'm only aware of two
unresolved regression in mainline. Fixes for both exist in git trees,
but they are not headed your way yet afaics.

I'm not aware of any other regressions for mainline that were introduced
in this cycle. I fear there might be some that were reported in
bugzilla, but I currently lack the time to keep an close eye on it,
sorry. :-/ That hopefully should change again in a few weeks.

HTH, Ciao, Thorsten

---

Hi, this is regzbot, the Linux kernel regression tracking bot.

Currently I'm aware of 2 regressions in linux-mainline. Find the
current status below and the latest on the web:

https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/regzbot/mainline/

Bye bye, hope to see you soon for the next report.
Regzbot (on behalf of Thorsten Leemhuis)

current cycle (v5.18.. aka v5.19-rc), culprit identified

[ *NEW* ] virtio_balloon regression in 5.19-rc3
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/regzbot/regression/[email protected]/
https://lore.kernel.org/virtualization/[email protected]/

By Ben Hutchings; 19 days ago; 22 activities, latest 0 days ago.
Introduced in 8b4ec69d7e09 (v5.19-rc1)

Fix incoming:
* virtio: VIRTIO_HARDEN_NOTIFICATION is broken
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/?h=master&id=6a9720576cd00d30722c5f755bd17d4cfa9df636

[ *NEW* ] drm: fbdev/simplefb: Linux 5.19-rc5 gets stuck on boot, not rc4
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/regzbot/regression/[email protected]/
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email protected]/

By [email protected]; 5 days ago; 12 activities, latest 1 days ago.
Introduced in ee7a69aa38d8 (v5.19-rc5)

Fix incoming:
* drm/aperture: Run fbdev removal before internal helpers
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/?h=master&id=bf43e4521ff3223a613f3a496991a22a4d78e04b

=============
End of report
=============

All regressions marked '[ *NEW* ]' were added since the previous report,
which can be found here:
https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email protected]

Thanks for your attention, have a nice day!

Regzbot, your hard working Linux kernel regression tracking robot

P.S.: Wanna know more about regzbot or how to use it to track regressions
for your subsystem? Then check out the getting started guide or the
reference documentation:

https://gitlab.com/knurd42/regzbot/-/blob/main/docs/getting_started.md
https://gitlab.com/knurd42/regzbot/-/blob/main/docs/reference.md

The short version: if you see a regression report you want to see
tracked, just send a reply to the report where you Cc
[email protected] with a line like this:

#regzbot introduced: v5.13..v5.14-rc1

If you want to fix a tracked regression, just do what is expected
anyway: add a 'Link:' tag with the url to the report, e.g.:

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email protected]/