1998-10-09 01:55:55

by Chris Wedgwood

Subject: Re: network nicety

On Thu, Oct 08, 1998 at 12:27:52PM -0400, Feuer wrote:

> How about telling me how, where, etc.

It depends on exactly what you want to do... and what you want to
achieve.

If your on a dial-up to an ISP somewhere, and you want better telnet
throughput at the cost of ftp throughput, chances are - you can't do
much at all, because the changes need to be done at the ISP end.

For QoS stuff, CONFIG_NET_SCHED=Y, get Alexy's ip-route and other
stuff from ftp://ftp.inr.ac.ru/ip-routing/ (as mentioned in the docs
for CONFIG_NET_SCHED) and read up on the relevant papers...
http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/floyd/ is probably one place to start,
especially for CBQ which is currently occupying much of my time.

Note, this is all very much more complicated than it first appears,
there is much science and math involved to truly understand much of
what goes on.

> You are calling spam blockers rude while you are sending spam? By
> the way, I don't want to see anything from you or anything related
> to you in my mailbox. Any such action will be considered a
> denial-of-service attack on my system.

Don't be an obnoxious little prick. Where or when did I say I was
sending out spam?

-cw