2000-11-16 01:37:06

by Matthew Carlisle

Subject: NatSemi CS5530 Sound Support

Hi all,

Are there any plans to develop kernel sound driver support for the
Cyrix/NatSemi CS5530 chipset? I noticed PCI and IDE support for this
chipset in the kernel source, but nothing for the sound. I have a NatSemi
Geode GXLV processor, NatSemi Geode CS5530 chipset, and the AC97 codec that
NatSemi recommends (although I'm sure any one will do). So I can act as an
alpha/beta/gamma/zappa tester! :)

Thanks,

Matthew

2000-11-16 02:18:16

by Chng Tiak-Jung

Subject: Re: NatSemi CS5530 Sound Support

Matthew Carlisle wrote:
> Are there any plans to develop kernel sound driver support for the
> Cyrix/NatSemi CS5530 chipset? I noticed PCI and IDE support for this
> chipset in the kernel source, but nothing for the sound. I have a NatSemi
> Geode GXLV processor, NatSemi Geode CS5530 chipset, and the AC97 codec that
> NatSemi recommends (although I'm sure any one will do). So I can act as an
> alpha/beta/gamma/zappa tester! :)

Go register as a developer on National Semiconductor's website and you
can download the source to the native audio support for CS5530. However,
my understanding is that this driver will only work on system with BIOS
that support VSA2, so you may need to upgrade your BIOS first.

Regards,
T J
--
Chng Tiak-Jung [email protected]
Cyberlab Singapore, Ericsson Research Tel: +65-880-8649

2000-11-16 06:07:11

by Alan

> Are there any plans to develop kernel sound driver support for the
> Cyrix/NatSemi CS5530 chipset? I noticed PCI and IDE support for this

None whatsoever. Use the sb16 driver.