2000-08-01 09:20:05

by Miquel van Smoorenburg

Subject: Re: RLIM_INFINITY inconsistency between archs

In article >[email protected]>,
Mike Castle <[email protected]> wrote:
>On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 09:15:43PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>> modules that use include/net ? The one in the kernel source is
>> very, very different from the one in glibc .. so you have to compile
>> with -I/path/to/kernel/include _anyway_
>
>Maybe just make it mandatory that every time you upgrade the kernel, you
>should rebuild the entire system.

Well for modules, yes, that is pretty much the case isn't it ?

Mike.
--
Cistron Certified Internetwork Expert #1. Think free speech; drink free beer.

2000-08-01 23:26:59

by Mike Castle

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 09:38:33AM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> In article >[email protected]>,
> Mike Castle <[email protected]> wrote:
> >On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 09:15:43PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> >> modules that use include/net ? The one in the kernel source is
> >> very, very different from the one in glibc .. so you have to compile
> >> with -I/path/to/kernel/include _anyway_
> >
> >Maybe just make it mandatory that every time you upgrade the kernel, you
> >should rebuild the entire system.
>
> Well for modules, yes, that is pretty much the case isn't it ?

I was being facetious. I meant not only modules, but libc, and
{/usr,}/{s,}bin as well.

mrc
--
Mike Castle Life is like a clock: You can work constantly
[email protected] and be right all the time, or not work at all