2000-10-31 03:34:08

by Gerhard Fuellgrabe

Subject: Q: ip_masq module for battlecom?

Hi folks,

in my LAN there are users working on battle.net (Starcraft,
Diablo2 etc.). There is a Linux 2.2.14 box routing the LAN
with private IP addresses to the internet (with IP masqerading).

A feature that does not work is the battlecom communication.
Is there an ip_masq module available for this (like e.g.
ipv4/ip_masq_cuseeme.o or ipv4/ip_masq_quake.o) or is anybody
working on this?

Regards,
Gerry

--
Gerhard F?llgrabe Phone: +49.5323.96788 Fax: 962044
Arnikaweg 34 Mobile: +49.170.3508588

2000-10-31 04:20:41

by William Stearns

Subject: Re: Q: ip_masq module for battlecom?

Good evening, Gerhard,

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Gerhard Fuellgrabe wrote:

> in my LAN there are users working on battle.net (Starcraft,
> Diablo2 etc.). There is a Linux 2.2.14 box routing the LAN
> with private IP addresses to the internet (with IP masqerading).
>
> A feature that does not work is the battlecom communication.
> Is there an ip_masq module available for this (like e.g.
> ipv4/ip_masq_cuseeme.o or ipv4/ip_masq_quake.o) or is anybody
> working on this?

See the "Application Support" link at http://ipmasq.cjb.net for
information about specific applications under masquerading.
Future questions about masquerade support should go to the
ip-masq mailing list; info on that list can also be found at the above
link.
Best of luck.
Cheers,
- Bill

"Put down those Windows disks, Dave..."
-- HAL
William Stearns ([email protected]). Mason, Buildkernel, named2hosts,
and ipfwadm2ipchains are at: http://www.pobox.com/~wstearns
LinuxMonth; articles for Linux Enthusiasts! http://www.linuxmonth.com