2000-11-03 22:51:54

by sunol_handa

Subject: linux support for TCP/IP Task Offload ....

Hi all,

Does Linux have any TCP/IP Task Offload support ?

If a network adapter can offload some of the TCP/IP tasks, is there a
support from Linux for such activity ?

- Sonal

2000-11-03 23:01:36

by David Miller

Subject: Re: linux support for TCP/IP Task Offload ....

From: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 15:50:48 -0700

Does Linux have any TCP/IP Task Offload support ?

If a network adapter can offload some of the TCP/IP tasks, is there
a support from Linux for such activity ?

Work for this is in progress. Patches can be found at:

ftp://ftp.inr.ac.ru/ip-routing/zerocopy-sendfile-*.dif
ftp://ftp.inr.ac.ru/ip-routing/README.zerocopy-sendfile

Later,
David S. Miller

by sunol_handa

thanx for the information

this ftp site
ftp://ftp.inr.ac.ru/ip-routing/zerocopy-sendfile-*.dif
is password protected.

do you know what the password is ? or is there a site with same patch which
is not password protected.

- Sonal

Does Linux have any TCP/IP Task Offload support ?

If a network adapter can offload some of the TCP/IP tasks, is there
a support from Linux for such activity ?

Work for this is in progress. Patches can be found at:

ftp://ftp.inr.ac.ru/ip-routing/zerocopy-sendfile-*.dif
ftp://ftp.inr.ac.ru/ip-routing/README.zerocopy-sendfile

Later,
David S. Miller

by Jeff Garzik

[email protected] wrote:

> thanx for the information
>
> this ftp site
> ftp://ftp.inr.ac.ru/ip-routing/zerocopy-sendfile-*.dif
> is password protected.
>
> do you know what the password is ? or is there a site with same patch which
> is not password protected.

This site is not password-protected, I just downloaded the referenced
diff. Are you trying to download the above URL directly? You cannot...
URLs do not have wildcards in them. Download the following files:

ftp://ftp.inr.ac.ru/ip-routing/README.zerocopy-sendfile
ftp://ftp.inr.ac.ru/ip-routing/zerocopy-sendfile-001102.dif.gz

--
Jeff Garzik | Dinner is ready when
Building 1024 | the smoke alarm goes off.

2000-11-06 14:55:20

by Pekka Pietikainen

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 07:01:27PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> >
> > thanx for the information
> >
> > this ftp site
> > ftp://ftp.inr.ac.ru/ip-routing/zerocopy-sendfile-*.dif
> > is password protected.
> >

> This site is not password-protected, I just downloaded the referenced
> diff. Are you trying to download the above URL directly? You cannot...
> URLs do not have wildcards in them. Download the following files:
The site also used to require the use of passive-mode ftp, which might
be your problem.

You might want to try
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/mirrors/ftp.inr.ac.ruk/ip-routing which is
probably a lot faster anyway.

great for me.