2000-11-06 21:16:57

by Pavel Machek

Subject: mount -tcoda /dev/cfs0 /mnt no longer works in -test9 and newer?

Hi!

It complains

coda_read_super: Bad mount data
coda_read_super: device index: 0

and will not mount. What do I need to mount coda?
Pavel
--
I'm [email protected]. "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents at [email protected]

2000-11-07 18:50:45

by Jan Harkes

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 10:35:39AM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It complains
>
> coda_read_super: Bad mount data
> coda_read_super: device index: 0
>
> and will not mount. What do I need to mount coda?
> Pavel

Miklos Szeredi sent a patch to support multiple mountpoints/coda
devices. However, the code falls back on the default device (cfs0)
when the mountdata is incorrect. So the problem must be unrelated
to the "Bad mount data" error message.

The code to mount with the correct mountdata looks like this:

#include <linux/coda.h>

muxfd = open("/dev/cfs0", O_RDWR);

struct coda_mount_data mountdata;
mountdata.version = CODA_MOUNT_VERSION;
mountdata.fd = muxfd

error = mount("coda", "/coda", "coda", MS_MGC_VAL,
(void *)&mountdata);

Jan

2000-11-10 21:20:56

by Pavel Machek

Hi!

I found where problem with coda lies: it went from character device at
67:5 to character device at 67:0. Ouch, ugly. Is it bug or what?
Pavel
--
I'm [email protected]. "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents at [email protected]

2000-11-10 21:28:06

by Jan Harkes

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 10:48:08PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I found where problem with coda lies: it went from character device at
> 67:5 to character device at 67:0. Ouch, ugly. Is it bug or what?
> Pavel

No, it always has been c67,0. It simply ignored the minor number up
until recently.

Jan