2000-11-14 22:47:54

by Johannes Erdfelt

Subject: Re: [linux-usb-devel] [announce] New Maintainer

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000, Dunlap, Randy <[email protected]> wrote:
> 2000-November-14
>
> To the Linux-USB community:
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Intel has some other Linux areas that they would like for me
> to work on, so I need to transfer the USB maintainer role to
> someone else.
>
> Linus says that it's my job to name the next maintainer,
> so I'm happy to announce that effective immediately, the
> Linux-USB maintainer is Johannes Erdfelt ([email protected]).
> I am confident that Johannes will do a fine job as the
> USB maintainer. Please give him your support just as you
> gave it to me (and indeed to the entire Linux-USB project).
>
> We'll have to see if he also wants to take charge of the
> Slashdot Beanie Award stuff. He's welcome to it if he
> wants it. TBD. :)
>
> I've had a wonderful experience being the Linux-USB
> maintainer and I've enjoyed working with all of you.
> I'll still be around, working on USB and some other
> Linux things.
>
> I'm especially thankful to Johannes, Greg Kroah-Hartman, and
> Vojtech Pavlik (SuSE) for substituting for me when I traveled,
> and to David Brownell, Pat Beirne (Corel), and Johannes
> for their participation in the USB PlugFest in August/2000.

I'd like to also thank Randy for all of the work he has done for the Linux
USB project.

I don't intend to handle the job much differently than Randy has. It seems
to have worked quite well.

Here's a patch to the MAINTAINERS file against 2.4.0-test11-pre5 to
"officially" make the change.

JE

Attachments:
usb-maintainer.patch (417.00 B)