2000-11-23 03:50:26

by Yusuf Goolamabbas

Subject: 2.4.0-test11 reports CPU inconsistent variable MTRR settings

Hi, I installed 2.4.0-test11 on a Dual P3-550 [Tyan Tiger 133 with
S1834 BIOS]. I updated the mobo with the latest bios found on Tyan's
website

http://www.tyan.com/support/html/b_tg_133.html

Reading dmesg, I found the following

mtrr: your CPUs had inconsistent variable MTRR settings
mtrr: probably your BIOS does not setup all CPUs

Am not sure if this is going to lead to bad juju. Anybody else seeing
this on a similar mobo

Regards, Yusuf

--
Yusuf Goolamabbas

by Alan

> mtrr: your CPUs had inconsistent variable MTRR settings
> mtrr: probably your BIOS does not setup all CPUs
>
> Am not sure if this is going to lead to bad juju. Anybody else seeing
> this on a similar mobo

This is a BIOS bug the kernel detects and fixes providing you have mtrr
enabled so you should be just fine