2000-12-04 00:49:50

by Jeff V. Merkey

Subject: 2.4.0-11 AIC7xxx.o driver barfs on AHA27XX adapter

On a four processor POCA system with dual Fast-SCSI AHA274X/VLB bus
controllers I am seeing the following timeout errors right after
the sequencer scripts are downloaded and the driver starts polling.
It does not happen when compiled in kernel, only when loaded from
an initrd image. The root FS is getting mounted properly and
probing and loading the driver.

aborting command due to timeout: pid 00 scsi 00 channel 00 lun 00
inquiry 00 00 00 ff 00

The machine then hard hangs after it gets this error and has to be
powered off in order to reboot it.

Jeff

2000-12-04 01:07:07

by Jeff V. Merkey

On Sun, Dec 03, 2000 at 06:15:24PM -0700, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

> On a four processor POCA system with dual Fast-SCSI AHA274X/VLB bus
> controllers I am seeing the following timeout errors right after
> the sequencer scripts are downloaded and the driver starts polling.
> It does not happen when compiled in kernel, only when loaded from
> an initrd image. The root FS is getting mounted properly and
> probing and loading the driver.
>
> aborting command due to timeout: pid 00 scsi 00 channel 00 lun 00
> inquiry 00 00 00 ff 00
>
> The machine then hard hangs after it gets this error and has to be
> powered off in order to reboot it.

I tested 2.2.18-24 with an initrd and works fine on the same hardware,
BTW

Jeff