2000-12-09 04:04:25

by Jeff V. Merkey

Subject: 2.2.18-25 and PS/2 Mouse

Alan,

The mouse problems have gone away with the 2.2.18-25 pre-patch. I
am not seeing the problems anymore on the affected systems. I am
trying this evening to apply the 2.4 patch sent to me to see if it
helps with the page cache corruption problem with fork().

Jeff

2000-12-09 12:24:32

by Alan

Subject: Re: 2.2.18-25 and PS/2 Mouse

> The mouse problems have gone away with the 2.2.18-25 pre-patch. I
> am not seeing the problems anymore on the affected systems. I am

I think that is chance. There are no mouse driver changes from -24 to -25 8)

2000-12-09 15:32:16

by Steven N. Hirsch

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

> The mouse problems have gone away with the 2.2.18-25 pre-patch. I
> am not seeing the problems anymore on the affected systems. I am
> trying this evening to apply the 2.4 patch sent to me to see if it
> helps with the page cache corruption problem with fork().

Phantom PS/2 mouse still detected on my ASUS P2B-DS system board w/ pre25.

2000-12-09 19:44:03

by Jeff V. Merkey

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 11:55:43AM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > The mouse problems have gone away with the 2.2.18-25 pre-patch. I
> > am not seeing the problems anymore on the affected systems. I am
>
> I think that is chance. There are no mouse driver changes from -24 to -25 8)

:-) It makes me smile.

Jeff

2000-12-09 19:49:13

by Jeff V. Merkey

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 10:05:46AM -0500, Steven N. Hirsch wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
>
> > The mouse problems have gone away with the 2.2.18-25 pre-patch. I
> > am not seeing the problems anymore on the affected systems. I am
> > trying this evening to apply the 2.4 patch sent to me to see if it
> > helps with the page cache corruption problem with fork().
>
> Phantom PS/2 mouse still detected on my ASUS P2B-DS system board w/ pre25.

Looks like there's still a problem.