2002-09-08 22:48:45

by Brad Chapman

Subject: Atech Pro II flash card reader(s)

I am trying to make an Atech Pro II card reader work under Linux. Everywhere I
look it says that it is supported under Linux, but I can't find a single thing
anywhere on the Internet using Google. I did find this page using the Google
Groups searcher:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Atech+USB+Linux&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=slrnaie1su.1f9.danceswithcrows%40samantha.crow202.dyndns.org&rnum=1
(sorry 'bout the long URL)

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Brad

http://finance.yahoo.com

2002-09-08 23:05:31

by Andries Brouwer

Subject: Re: Atech Pro II flash card reader(s)

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 03:53:22PM -0700, Brad Chapman wrote:
> I am trying to make an Atech Pro II card reader work under Linux.

The USB device database says:

This device can be made fully functional with the addition of the following entry
to /usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/storage/unusual_devs.h:

UNUSUAL_DEV( 0x0aec,0x5010,0x0000,0x1a00, "Atech", "Pro II MultiCard",
US_SC_SCSI, US_PR_BULK, NULL, US_FL_FIX_INQUIRY ),

Try, and report. If this works it should be added to the stock kernel.
The numbers given are 0x0aec: Vendor ID, 0x5010: Product ID, 0x0000-0x1a00:
Revisions. If you have a later revision, increase 0x1a00, or just write
0xffff.

2002-09-24 01:50:56

by Brad Chapman

Mr. Andries,

--- Andries Brouwer <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 03:53:22PM -0700, Brad Chapman wrote:
> > I am trying to make an Atech Pro II card reader work under Linux.
>
> The USB device database says:
>
> This device can be made fully functional with the addition of the following
> entry
> to /usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/storage/unusual_devs.h:
>
> UNUSUAL_DEV( 0x0aec,0x5010,0x0000,0x1a00, "Atech", "Pro II MultiCard",
> US_SC_SCSI, US_PR_BULK, NULL, US_FL_FIX_INQUIRY ),
>
> Try, and report. If this works it should be added to the stock kernel.
> The numbers given are 0x0aec: Vendor ID, 0x5010: Product ID, 0x0000-0x1a00:
> Revisions. If you have a later revision, increase 0x1a00, or just write
> 0xffff.

Sorry for taking so long to report back,but I've been busy.

Results: Adding the above macro entry to line 82 of unusual_devs.h
(2.4.19) resulted in the flash reader being detected by usb_storage. When
the sd_mod module was loaded, /dev/discs/disc1 snapped into being. I
accessed the CompactFlash drive as part1 with an 8MB VFAT-formatted unit and
was able to perform any filesystem operation needed.

This should be pushed into a USB BK/CVS tree or even forwarded to
Marcelo. BTW, is there a way to keep sd_mod from failing to read the empty
drives?

Thanks,

Brad Chapman