2002-09-18 16:34:32

by Axel H. Siebenwirth

Subject: 2.5.36: Software suspend fails with JFS filesystem

Hi,

this has happend ever since with JFS filesystem. I am trying to do sofware
suspend with "echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep".

The following errors are reported:

Stopping tasks: ========================
stopping tasks failed (3 tasks remaining)
Suspend failed: Not all processes stopped!
Restarting tasks...<6> Strange, jfsIO not stopped
Strange, jfsCommit not stopped
Strange, jfsSync not stopped
done

When I reported this first a whole while ago, someone said JFS still somehow
lacks support for software suspend.

# CONFIG_PREEMPT is not set

CONFIG_JFS_FS=y
# CONFIG_JFS_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_JFS_STATISTICS is not set

Best regards,
Axel

2002-09-18 17:50:13

by Dave Kleikamp

On Wednesday 18 September 2002 11:39, [email protected] wrote:
> When I reported this first a whole while ago, someone said JFS still
> somehow lacks support for software suspend.

Oops. I talked about fixing it, then promptly forgot about it. I'll
work on it today!

> Best regards,
> Axel

Thanks,