2002-10-01 06:52:17

by Florian Thiel

Subject: Kernel TUN/TAP Documentation rework

Hi!

The existing documentation for the tun/tap interface was outdated and in
some ways just plain wrong. It took me at least an evening to figure out
how to get tun/tap to work. I did a rework that should now be correct.

The documentation only applies to Linux! I feel it should be included in
both 2.4 and 2.5. I also send the patch to the author of tun/tap and the
"small fix" maintainers for 2.4 and 2.5. Hope, this is correct.

Greetings, Florian

--
Florian Thiel - Medienzentrum Kassel
Systembetreuung Internet- und Kommunikationstechnik

Attachments:
(No filename) (593.00 B)
tuntap-docs.diff (7.58 kB)

by Max Krasnyansky

Subject: Re: Kernel TUN/TAP Documentation rework

Hi Florian,

>The existing documentation for the tun/tap interface was outdated and in
>some ways just plain wrong. It took me at least an evening to figure out
>how to get tun/tap to work. I did a rework that should now be correct.
>
>The documentation only applies to Linux! I feel it should be included in
>both 2.4 and 2.5. I also send the patch to the author of tun/tap and the
>"small fix" maintainers for 2.4 and 2.5. Hope, this is correct.

Looks ok to me.
Marcelo, Dave, please apply to your trees.

Thanks
Max

2002-10-01 22:28:45

by David Miller

From: "Maksim (Max) Krasnyanskiy" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 09:29:49 -0700

Marcelo, Dave, please apply to your trees.

Marcelo do you have this? If not someone will need to retransmit
the patch to me.

Thanks.