2002-10-01 22:15:08

by Nicolás Lichtmaier

Subject: Fatal error in menuconfig

I'm getting this while trying to access the alsa sound section in 2.5.40:

Menuconfig has encountered a possible error in one of the kernel's
configuration files and is unable to continue. Here is the error
report:

Q> ./scripts/Menuconfig: line 823: MCmenu74: command not found

Please report this to the maintainer <[email protected]>. You may also
send a problem report to <[email protected]>.

Please indicate the kernel version you are trying to configure and
which menu you were trying to enter when this error occurred.

make: *** [menuconfig] Error 1

If I redirect stderr to a file I also see this in that file:

./scripts/Menuconfig: ./MCmenu74: line 56: syntax error near unexpected token `fi'
./scripts/Menuconfig: ./MCmenu74: line 56: `fi'
make: *** [menuconfig] Error 1

Thanks!