2002-10-06 22:58:17

by Steve Dover

Subject: [BUG] - 2.5.40 xconfig and CONFIG_PARPORT_PC_PCMCIA

Via make xconfig, two entries show up even though
there is only one in the .config file, and you cannot
set the entry with xconfig even when CONFIG_PARPORT=y
and CONFIG_PARPORT_PC=y. It is plain messed up.
make menuconfig does not have this problem.

2002-10-07 08:44:44

by jbradford

Subject: Re: [BUG] - 2.5.40 xconfig and CONFIG_PARPORT_PC_PCMCIA

> Via make xconfig, two entries show up even though
> there is only one in the .config file, and you cannot
> set the entry with xconfig even when CONFIG_PARPORT=y
> and CONFIG_PARPORT_PC=y. It is plain messed up.
> make menuconfig does not have this problem.

This is a known issue, (at least, I noticed it with 2.4.19). Try this patch:

http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0208.0/0996.html

Adrian - could you send the patch to Linus, please, as it hasn't gone in to 2.5.x yet - we'll need it fixed for 2.6.x

John.