2002-10-06 07:34:33

by crozierm

Subject: keyboard/mouse "freeze" with uhci error in logs

Hello,

I'm trying 2.5.40 and frequently my keyboard and mouse are "freezing",
usually accompanying a change in the console (exiting xfree86 or
switching virtual consoles). Otherwise everything is fine, I can telnet
in and reboot.

This is the message that I found in the logs:

kernel: uhci-hcd.c: ef80: host controller process error. something bad
happened

kernel: uhci-hcd.c: ef80: host controller halted. very bad

If I can provide more information, please email me directly as I'm not on
the list.

-Michael

by Vojtech Pavlik

Subject: Re: keyboard/mouse "freeze" with uhci error in logs

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 12:58:59AM -0700, [email protected] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying 2.5.40 and frequently my keyboard and mouse are "freezing",
> usually accompanying a change in the console (exiting xfree86 or
> switching virtual consoles). Otherwise everything is fine, I can telnet
> in and reboot.
>
> This is the message that I found in the logs:
>
> kernel: uhci-hcd.c: ef80: host controller process error. something bad
> happened
>
> kernel: uhci-hcd.c: ef80: host controller halted. very bad
>

> If I can provide more information, please email me directly as I'm not on
> the list.

Do you have USB or PS/2 keyboard and mouse?

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs