2004-06-10 06:20:40

by Michael Knigge

Subject: New 3ware driver for 2.4.x ?

All,

any chance that the new 3ware Driver (for the new 9xxx series of their
controllers) will be added in one of the next Linux 2.4.x Kernels?

Andrew Morten has it applied to his 2.6.7-rc1-mm1 already - I could
provide the 2.4.x version of the driver. It is contained on my Driver
CD and it is under the GPL. Oh... and yes, it works ;-)

Bye
Michael

2004-06-12 21:50:55

by Marcelo Tosatti

Subject: Re: New 3ware driver for 2.4.x ?

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 06:19:34AM +0000, Michael Knigge wrote:
> All,
>
> any chance that the new 3ware Driver (for the new 9xxx series of their
> controllers) will be added in one of the next Linux 2.4.x Kernels?
>
> Andrew Morten has it applied to his 2.6.7-rc1-mm1 already - I could
> provide the 2.4.x version of the driver. It is contained on my Driver
> CD and it is under the GPL. Oh... and yes, it works ;-)

Hi Michael,

There has not been activity from the driver maintainer in that respect.

After a couple of months in v2.6 it could be added to v2.4, if there is still
interest at that time.