2009-04-05 12:55:26

by Lasse Kliemann

Subject: Where to find news on 2.6.27.x?

Where can I find news on the 2.6.27.x series?

Is it still maintained, and if so, how would I notice when it is over?

There isn't anything about this on the kernel website, nor in the RSS feed.

So, currently, I check the FTP servers every few days to see whether a new
tarball arrived. Up to now, each release of a 2.6.28.x or 2.6.29.x kernel was
accompanied by an update in the 2.6.27.x series. However, there is no such
update following 2.6.29.1. I am a bit worried now, whether it's okay to stick
with 2.6.27.21.

2009-04-05 15:54:07

by Thomas Meyer

Subject: Re: Where to find news on 2.6.27.x?

Am Sonntag, den 05.04.2009, 12:49 +0000 schrieb Lasse Kliemann:
> Where can I find news on the 2.6.27.x series?

Yes, AFAIK the 2.6.27.x series is a "long" maintained kernel. You could
put the git repository in your RSS reader, to get informed on updates:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.27.y.git;a=rss

http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/10/11/235

> There isn't anything about this on the kernel website, nor in the RSS feed.

See above RSS feed.

> So, currently, I check the FTP servers every few days to see whether a new
> tarball arrived. Up to now, each release of a 2.6.28.x or 2.6.29.x kernel was
> accompanied by an update in the 2.6.27.x series. However, there is no such
> update following 2.6.29.1. I am a bit worried now, whether it's okay to stick
> with 2.6.27.21.

by Adrian Bunk

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 12:49:58PM +0000, Lasse Kliemann wrote:

> Where can I find news on the 2.6.27.x series?
>
> Is it still maintained, and if so, how would I notice when it is over?

First of all sorry that I was silent recently, I had to take a timeou
from kernel development.

It will still be maintained for years.

Whenever Greg will say he'll stop maintaining it, I'll take over
maintainership.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

2009-04-08 06:33:35

by Greg KH

Subject: Re: [stable] Where to find news on 2.6.27.x?

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 08:03:09AM +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 12:49:58PM +0000, Lasse Kliemann wrote:
>
> > Where can I find news on the 2.6.27.x series?
> >
> > Is it still maintained, and if so, how would I notice when it is over?
>
> First of all sorry that I was silent recently, I had to take a timeou
> from kernel development.
>
> It will still be maintained for years.
>
> Whenever Greg will say he'll stop maintaining it, I'll take over
> maintainership.

I'm still maintaining it :)