2013-04-27 12:37:27

by Stephan von Krawczynski

Subject: Question regarding include/linux/linkage.h (3.8.8)

Hello all,

if you look at the above file it contains:

#include <asm/linkage.h>

where should this file come from? There is no "asm" directory inside linux-3.8.8/include/ ... ?

If you need additional info please cc me.
Stephan

2013-04-27 12:46:53

by Geert Uytterhoeven

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Stephan von Krawczynski
<[email protected]> wrote:
> if you look at the above file it contains:
>
> #include <asm/linkage.h>
>
> where should this file come from? There is no "asm" directory inside linux-3.8.8/include/ ... ?

It comes from arch/<arch>/include/asm/..., with <arch> the architecture you're
compiling for.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [email protected]

-- Linus Torvalds