2022-03-31 22:42:18

by Russell King (Oracle)

Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] hardening fixes for v5.18-rc1

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 11:35:40AM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> Hi Linus,
>
> Please pull these hardening fixes for v5.18-rc1. This addresses an
> -Warray-bounds warning found under a few ARM defconfigs, and disables
> long-broken CONFIG_HARDENED_USERCOPY_PAGESPAN.

I don't see these patches on linux-arm-kernel... are we doing away with
patch review now? :D

FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!

2022-04-01 03:18:53

by Kees Cook

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 07:46:28PM +0100, Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 11:35:40AM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> > Hi Linus,
> >
> > Please pull these hardening fixes for v5.18-rc1. This addresses an
> > -Warray-bounds warning found under a few ARM defconfigs, and disables
> > long-broken CONFIG_HARDENED_USERCOPY_PAGESPAN.
>
> I don't see these patches on linux-arm-kernel... are we doing away with
> patch review now? :D

Uh, what? The links in the patches show the reviews, even. I assume
you're mainly talking about the DMA one; it's right here:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/[email protected]/

I had thought hch was going to take this patch, but the dma tree didn't
have it, so I sent it in.

And the usercopy patch was here, with references to the discussion
around it too:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email protected]/

--
Kees Cook