2022-04-16 01:01:13

by Nick Desaulniers

Subject: toolchain mitigations plumbers session

Hi Qing, Kees, and Bill,
Jose and I are currently in the planning process to put together a
Kernel+Toolchain microconference track at Linux Plumbers Conference
this year (Sept 12-14) in Dublin, Ireland.

Would you all be interested in leading another session on
kernel+toolchain collaboration for mitigations? Do you plan to attend
plumbers this year which will be in person?
~Nick Desaulniers

2022-04-16 01:18:02

by Bill Wendling

Subject: Re: toolchain mitigations plumbers session

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 2:30 PM Nick Desaulniers
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Qing, Kees, and Bill,
> Jose and I are currently in the planning process to put together a
> Kernel+Toolchain microconference track at Linux Plumbers Conference
> this year (Sept 12-14) in Dublin, Ireland.
>
> Would you all be interested in leading another session on
> kernel+toolchain collaboration for mitigations? Do you plan to attend
> plumbers this year which will be in person?

I'll be in Dublin during that time, so yes to both questions.

-bw

2022-04-16 01:27:46

by Qing Zhao

Hi, Nick,

> On Apr 14, 2022, at 4:30 PM, Nick Desaulniers <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hi Qing, Kees, and Bill,
> Jose and I are currently in the planning process to put together a
> Kernel+Toolchain microconference track at Linux Plumbers Conference
> this year (Sept 12-14) in Dublin, Ireland.
>
> Would you all be interested in leading another session on
> kernel+toolchain collaboration for mitigations? Do you plan to attend
> plumbers this year which will be in person?

I’d love to attend plumbers this year to meet people in person!
But not sure whether there will be enough new, big stuff to report this year since mostly bunch of bug fixes and minor
Improvements to the previous work.

Qing

> --
> Thanks,
> ~Nick Desaulniers

2022-04-16 01:46:28

by Kees Cook

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 02:30:33PM -0700, Nick Desaulniers wrote:
> Hi Qing, Kees, and Bill,
> Jose and I are currently in the planning process to put together a
> Kernel+Toolchain microconference track at Linux Plumbers Conference
> this year (Sept 12-14) in Dublin, Ireland.
>
> Would you all be interested in leading another session on
> kernel+toolchain collaboration for mitigations?

Yes please! With work Qing and Bill (and Sami and Joao and others) have
been doing lately, this session will have a lot of new stuff to talk
about!

> Do you plan to attend
> plumbers this year which will be in person?

Yes, my current intention is to attend plumbers in person this year.
However, I reserve the right to shake the magic covid 8-ball again as
we get closer to September. :)

-Kees

--
Kees Cook