2022-09-21 05:57:47

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the soundwire tree with Linus' tree

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the soundwire tree got a conflict in:

drivers/soundwire/qcom.c

between commit:

4ef3f2aff126 ("soundwire: qcom: fix device status array range")

from Linus' tree and commits:

8039b6f3e5c7 ("soundwire: qcom: update status from device id 1")
ed8d07acec73 ("soundwire: qcom: do not send status of device 0 during alert")

from the soundwire tree.

I fixed it up (I used the latter) and can carry the fix as necessary.
This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2022-09-21 06:04:43

by Vinod Koul

On 21-09-22, 15:20, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the soundwire tree got a conflict in:
>
> drivers/soundwire/qcom.c
>
> between commit:
>
> 4ef3f2aff126 ("soundwire: qcom: fix device status array range")
>
> from Linus' tree and commits:
>
> 8039b6f3e5c7 ("soundwire: qcom: update status from device id 1")
> ed8d07acec73 ("soundwire: qcom: do not send status of device 0 during alert")
>
> from the soundwire tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I used the latter) and can carry the fix as necessary.

Thanks Stephen,

That seems to be the correct resolution, I will merge fixes to bring
this in.

--
~Vinod