2022-09-23 04:24:05

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the rcu tree with the jc_docs tree

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the rcu tree got a conflict in:

Documentation/RCU/checklist.rst

between commit:

712e1dea2e4f ("Delete duplicate words from kernel docs")

from the jc_docs tree and commit:

1f0e704eea04 ("doc: Update checklist.txt")

from the rcu tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the latter since it removed the words removed
by the former) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as
far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be
mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
merging. You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2022-09-26 19:01:38

by Paul E. McKenney

On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 01:48:34PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the rcu tree got a conflict in:
>
> Documentation/RCU/checklist.rst
>
> between commit:
>
> 712e1dea2e4f ("Delete duplicate words from kernel docs")
>
> from the jc_docs tree and commit:
>
> 1f0e704eea04 ("doc: Update checklist.txt")
>
> from the rcu tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I just used the latter since it removed the words removed
> by the former) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as
> far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be
> mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
> merging. You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
> of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

I have it down, thank you!

Thanx, Paul