2004-11-06 16:18:48

by Martin J. Bligh

Subject: 2.6.9-mjb1

The patchset is meant to be pretty stable, not so much a testing ground.

1. Better performance & resource consumption, particularly on larger machines.
2. Diagnosis tools (kgdb, early_printk, etc).

I'd be very interested in feedback from anyone willing to test on any
platform, however large or small.

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mbligh/2.6.9/patch-2.6.9-mjb1.bz2

Pending:

config_page_offset
per_node_rss
local_balance_exec
reluctance in cross-node balance (less_bouncy)
sched tunables patch
Child runs first (akpm)
Netdump

Present in this patch:

-mjb Martin J. Bligh
Add a tag to the makefile

kgdb Various
Stolen from akpm's 2.6.9-mm1, includes fixes

kgdboe_netpoll Matt Mackall et al.
Kgdb over ethernet support that works with the netpoll infrastructure

kgdb_x86_64_support Jim Houston
Support kgdb on x86_64

kgdb_ia64_support Robert Picco
Support kgdb on ia64

ppc64_reloc_hide Anton Blanchard / Paul Mackerras
PPC 64 fixups

confighz Andrew Morton / Dave Hansen
Make HZ a config option of 100 Hz or 1000 Hz

numameminfo Martin Bligh / Keith Mannthey
Expose NUMA meminfo information under /proc/meminfo.numa

disable preempt Martin J. Bligh
I broke preempt somehow, temporarily disable it to stop accidents

aiofix2 Mingming Cao
fixed a bug in ioctx_alloc()

percpu_real_loadavg Dave Hansen / Martin J. Bligh
Tell me what the real load average is, and tell me per cpu.

irqbal_fast Adam Litke
Balance IRQs more readily

kcg Adam Litke
Acylic call graphs from the kernel. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

kcg_gcc_detect Adam Litke
Detect older gcc versions that don't work with mcount, and crap out

numa_mem_equals Dave Hansen
mem= command line parameter NUMA awareness.

autoswap Con Kolivas
Auto-tune swapiness

kswapd_divide_by_zero Hugh Dickins
Fix divide_by_zero error

protocol254 Paul Mackerras / Omkhar
Allow protocol 254

slabtune Dave McCracken
Take slab in bigger bites on larger machines

fasync_lock_rcu Manfred Spraul
Use RCU for fasync_lock

vma_statistics Martin J. Bligh
Provide per VMA stats

physnode_map Martin J. Bligh
Hack around problem of missing area in physnode_map

sched_tunables R. Love / Darren Hart
Provide sched tunables to play with on a rainy day.

schedstats-tools Rick Lindsley
Grub around in lotsa scheduler statistics