2000-11-18 10:41:03

by Anil Kumar Prasad

Subject: passing arguments to module

Hi,
can anybody tell how to pass argument to modules?

thanks in advance,
Anil Prasad

Note:Please CC the answer

http://calendar.yahoo.com/

2000-11-18 10:52:56

by Keith Owens

Subject: Re: passing arguments to module

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 02:10:40 -0800 (PST),
Anil Kumar Prasad <[email protected]> wrote:
>can anybody tell how to pass argument to modules?

RTFM. man modprobe. man insmod. man modules.conf.

2000-11-18 11:02:08

by Anil Kumar Prasad

> >can anybody tell how to pass argument to modules?
>
> RTFM. man modprobe. man insmod. man modules.conf.

sorry i didn't ask the question properly. I need to
know how does kernel modules accept run time arguments
from user?
Thanks
Anil

http://calendar.yahoo.com/

2000-11-18 11:06:30

by Keith Owens

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 03:07:47 -0800 (PST),
Anil Kumar Prasad <[email protected]> wrote:
>sorry i didn't ask the question properly. I need to
>know how does kernel modules accept run time arguments
>from user?

MODULE_PARM(variable, type) in the code. It defines which variables
can be set on the insmod command and what type of data to accept.