2000-10-28 05:36:20

by TimO

Subject: Re: Possible critical VIA vt82c686a chip bug (private question)

Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

> I'm *not* sure. It just looks like a reasonable explanation. It doesn't
> happen on Intel chips and older VIA chips, it only happens on new VIA
> chips, and the code is the same all the time. Also, it happens both with
> 2.2 and 2.4 kernels ...
>
> --
> Vojtech Pavlik
> SuSE Labs

Do you have a method guaranteed to reproduce this? I have a newer VIA
chipset and haven't (yet) observed this problem.

Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8371 [KX133] (rev 2).
PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8371 [KX133 AGP] (rev 0).
ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super South]
(rev 34).
IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. Bus Master IDE (rev 16).
Bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super ACPI] (rev
48).
Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. AC97 Audio
Controller (rev 32).

-- TimO