2000-11-08 22:44:27

by Jeff Garzik

Subject: Re: PCI-PCI bridges mess in 2.4.x

Ivan Kokshaysky wrote:
> But actually I'm concerned that all this code doesn't work at all -
> see reports from Michal Jaegermann (the bridge acts as if it drops
> config space transactions randomly). I have a lot of suggestions, but
> it's a pain to debug something without access to real hardware - just
> a waste of the precious time of everyone who is involved...
> So I would probably wait a week or two until I'll have something with
> bridges :-(

FWIW, I just tested rth's update of your path on my x86 SMP box, and a
laptop with two CardBus bridges (two CardBus slots). Both worked
fine...

I am still worried that the conditions which generate the following
message indicate a problem still exists. (this message exists w/out
your patch..)
Unknown bridge resource 0: assuming transparent

Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik | "When I do this, my computer freezes."
Building 1024 | -user