2000-11-27 16:21:41

by Niels Happel

Subject: Possible SCSI or ISOFS Bug in 2.4.0-test11

Hello everybody,

first of all: I am new to the linux-kernel list, so I don't know wheather
writing here is allowed for everybody or developers only.

Anyway, here it is:

Hardware (SCSI-only system):

Tekram 390 U2W (SYM53C8XX support compiled into the kernel)
IBM U2W SCSI disks
HP DAT SCSI Streamer
Pioneer SCSI DVD
Yamaha SCSI CD R/W

Using kernel 2.4.0-test10 and earlier everything works fine.
Using 2.4.0-test11 with the same kernel configuration an error message
occured while accessing one of the mounted SCSI CD-ROMs:
"kernel: _isofs_bmap: block < 0"
Mounting them works fine, accessing them gives that error message.
It can't be an SCSI CD-ROM hardware failure, because the error message
occured at both drives (Pioneer and Yamaha) and it doesn't matter which
CD-ROM I am using.

Any hints?

--
Many greetings,
Niels!

by Christian Gennerat

Subject: Re: Possible ISOFS Bug in 2.4.0-test11-pre7

Niels Happel a ?crit :

> Hello everybody,
>
> first of all: I am new to the linux-kernel list, so I don't know wheather
> writing here is allowed for everybody or developers only.
>
> Anyway, here it is:
>
> Hardware (SCSI-only system):
>
> Tekram 390 U2W (SYM53C8XX support compiled into the kernel)
> IBM U2W SCSI disks
> HP DAT SCSI Streamer
> Pioneer SCSI DVD
> Yamaha SCSI CD R/W
>
> Using kernel 2.4.0-test10 and earlier everything works fine.
> Using 2.4.0-test11 with the same kernel configuration an error message
> occured while accessing one of the mounted SCSI CD-ROMs:
> "kernel: _isofs_bmap: block < 0"
> Mounting them works fine, accessing them gives that error message.
> It can't be an SCSI CD-ROM hardware failure, because the error message
> occured at both drives (Pioneer and Yamaha) and it doesn't matter which
> CD-ROM I am using.

Same problem with ide-cs + ide-cd modules (IDE - PCMCIA)
kernel: _isofs_bmap: block < 0"