2000-11-30 15:59:36

by Archan Paul

Subject: trident module in 2.2.17-21 crashes for Ali5451

Hi,
I have the following soundcard in my ToshibaDynabook(db45) model of
laptop.

Acer Laboratories Inc. [ALi]|M5451 PCI South Bridge Audio
(MULTIMEDIA_AUDIO unknown) SubVendor=0x1179 SubDevice=0x0003

Till the date, I was using 2.2.16kernel typically compiled for RH7. To
enable the sound card, I was doing the following
modprobe soundcore
modprobe soundlow
modprobe sound
modprobe ac97_codec
modprobe trident
This worked fine.

But I am facing problem from the time, I have upgraded the m/c to
2.2.17-21 kernel in Mandrake7.2 Whenever I am doing the above, m/c
hangs. I tried to use the natively compiled code of trident in 2.2.17
kernel, but again, the kernel freezes while booting. I have not tested
the trident driver for 2.4 kernel. Can anyone please help me??

Archan