2000-12-10 19:49:08

by Maciej Bogucki

Subject: 2.4.0-test9 problem

HI!
I have 2.4.0-test9 and 2.2.16 kernel compiled on my computer .I have
httpd server on this computer . With 2.2.16 apache work good ( via DSL
and modem ), but with 2.4 ( the same computer ) , when I wont to connect
to my page via modem first few kilobytes are downloaded "fast" and then
connection slow down and transfer rate is 1byte per second . When I
download this page from linux ( via modem ) everything is ok ! I have
this problem , when I want to see this this page from MS Windows
computers only via ppp connection . I have tested it on two different
computer and result is the same .

I have seek this proble on mailing lists , but I haven't found . Have
anybody had the same problem like me ?

Maciej Bogucki, Network Administrator
---
3dart.com / end-to-end solutions http://www.3dart.com
Spolka Internetowa tel: (+48 22) 646 64 65
ul. Goszczynskiego 10 02-616, Warszawa

2000-12-10 20:18:20

by Jan Rękorajski

Subject: Re: 2.4.0-test9 problem

On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Maciej Bogucki wrote:

> HI!
> I have 2.4.0-test9 and 2.2.16 kernel compiled on my computer .I have
> httpd server on this computer . With 2.2.16 apache work good ( via DSL
> and modem ), but with 2.4 ( the same computer ) , when I wont to connect
> to my page via modem first few kilobytes are downloaded "fast" and then
> connection slow down and transfer rate is 1byte per second . When I
> download this page from linux ( via modem ) everything is ok ! I have
> this problem , when I want to see this this page from MS Windows
> computers only via ppp connection . I have tested it on two different
> computer and result is the same .
>
> I have seek this proble on mailing lists , but I haven't found . Have
> anybody had the same problem like me ?

Same here, tested on 2.4.0-test6 up to test11 :(

Jan
--
Jan R?korajski | ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl | OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?