2002-09-26 10:19:04

by Roberto Nibali

Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] NF-HIPAC: High Performance Packet Classification

> About using syslog to record messages, that is doomed to failure,
> implement log messages via netlink and use that to log the events
> instead.

<maybe stupid thought>
Another thing would be to use netconsole to send event messages over the
network to a central loghost. This would eliminate the buffer overwrite
problem unless you sent more messages than the backlog queue is able to
hold before the packets are being processed. But you could theoretically
send 10 MB messages per seconds that could also be stored.
</maybe stupid thought>

I will shut up now as I do not want to waste your and the others
precious time with my extensive schmoozing ;).

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc

2002-09-26 10:21:32

by David Miller

From: Roberto Nibali <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:25:20 +0200

<maybe stupid thought>
Another thing would be to use netconsole to send event messages over the

What if the netconsole packets cause events to be logged?