2002-10-04 17:11:57

by Chris Friesen

Subject: /proc/net/bootpc support for non-ASCII vendor specific tags?

Currently it appears that /proc/net/bootpc assumes that all reserved
vendor specific tags contain ASCII information. Is this part of the
BOOTP standard? I hadn't thought so, but maybe I'm missing something.

Assuming that binary information is allowable, would a patch printing
out tags 128-254 of the vendor specific information as raw hex
characters be considered acceptable/useful?

I need this for my own purposes, and I'm just wondering if I should
bother trying to push it up.

Chris

2002-10-04 18:06:24

by Chris Friesen

Friesen, Christopher [CAR:7Q26:EXCH] wrote:

> Assuming that binary information is allowable, would a patch printing
> out tags 128-254 of the vendor specific information as raw hex
> characters be considered acceptable/useful?

Bah...I just realized I can use hexdump to get the raw data. Sorry to
bother you all, return to your regularly scheduled activities.