2014-07-03 17:21:39

by Nicholas Krause

Subject: FIX ME message in osf_sys.c

There seems to be a Fix Me message on line 892 due to info.si_addr = NULL.
I am wondering what value I should declare this variable to instead of Null.
Cheers Nick

2014-07-03 18:15:37

by Richard Henderson

Subject: Re: FIX ME message in osf_sys.c

On 07/03/2014 10:21 AM, Nick Krause wrote:
> There seems to be a Fix Me message on line 892 due to info.si_addr = NULL.
> I am wondering what value I should declare this variable to instead of Null.
> Cheers Nick

The closest thing to compatibility with SIGFPE raised through normal arithmetic
would be the address of the instruction after the callsys that lead to this
system call. Except that's not available without complicating the call to
osf_setsysinfo, and it doesn't seem worth it.

r~

2014-07-03 18:17:18

by Nicholas Krause

In that case I will sent a patch removing this FIXME line.
Cheers Nick