2022-05-16 19:30:59

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the chrome-platform tree

Hi all,

After merging the chrome-platform tree, today's linux-next build
(htmldocs) produced this warning:

Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-driver-chromeos-acpi:2: WARNING: Unexpected indentation.
Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-driver-chromeos-acpi:11: WARNING: Unexpected indentation.
Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-driver-chromeos-acpi:22: WARNING: Unexpected indentation.
Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-driver-chromeos-acpi:56: WARNING: Unexpected indentation.

Introduced by commit

0a4cad9c11ad ("platform/chrome: Add ChromeOS ACPI device driver")

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2022-05-17 22:53:28

by Muhammad Usama Anjum

On 5/16/22 4:38 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After merging the chrome-platform tree, today's linux-next build
> (htmldocs) produced this warning:
>
> Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-driver-chromeos-acpi:2: WARNING: Unexpected indentation.
> Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-driver-chromeos-acpi:11: WARNING: Unexpected indentation.
> Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-driver-chromeos-acpi:22: WARNING: Unexpected indentation.
> Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-driver-chromeos-acpi:56: WARNING: Unexpected indentation.
>
> Introduced by commit
>
> 0a4cad9c11ad ("platform/chrome: Add ChromeOS ACPI device driver")

I've found these warnings in local build. But I'm unable to fix them.
Apparently, there doesn't seem any unexpected indentation. This kind of
same warnings have also appeared on some more files before this commit
without any reason.

--
Muhammad Usama Anjum

2022-05-18 04:56:42

by Bagas Sanjaya

On 5/17/22 20:09, Muhammad Usama Anjum wrote:
> I've found these warnings in local build. But I'm unable to fix them.
> Apparently, there doesn't seem any unexpected indentation. This kind of
> same warnings have also appeared on some more files before this commit
> without any reason.

Hi,

I've figured out the fix on [1]. Please review.

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/[email protected]/

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara

2022-05-18 04:57:43

by Tzung-Bi Shih

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 10:23:28AM +0700, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
> On 5/17/22 20:09, Muhammad Usama Anjum wrote:
> > I've found these warnings in local build. But I'm unable to fix them.
> > Apparently, there doesn't seem any unexpected indentation. This kind of
> > same warnings have also appeared on some more files before this commit
> > without any reason.
> >

> Hi,
>
> I've figured out the fix on [1]. Please review.
>
> [1]: https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/[email protected]/

Thanks for figuring it out. I was also investigating on the issue but got no clues.

Reviewed on [1].

2022-05-18 05:11:13

by Muhammad Usama Anjum

Thank you!