2022-05-18 14:42:13

by Pierre-Louis Bossart

Subject: Re: [v7] FROMLIST: ASoC: Intel: sof_cs42l42: adding support for ADL configuration and BT offload audio

> + {
> + .id = "10134242",
> + .drv_name = "adl_mx98360a_cs4242",
> + .machine_quirk = snd_soc_acpi_codec_list,
> + .quirk_data = &adl_max98360a_amp,
> + .sof_tplg_filename = "sof-adl-max98360a-rt5682.tplg",
> + },

To repeat myself, there is no precedent for using a topology file name
that refers to a codec from a different vendor used on a different
platform.

It may work but it's confusing and not maintainable. I don't want to
start a trend where confusion becomes the norm.

In previous contributions, platforms with Cirrus Logic chips used a
non-ambiguous filename, please follow this example:

{
.id = "CSC3541",
.drv_name = "adl_cs35l41",
.sof_tplg_filename = "sof-adl-cs35l41.tplg",
},

and use

.sof_tplg_filename = "sof-adl-max98360a-cs42l42.tplg",