Subject: Re: [Fwd: sendmail fails to deliver mail with attachments in /var/spool/mqueue]

[email protected] (Dominik Kubla) writes:

>I can do better! I had a smart ass trying to backup his harddrives
>using email, no less than 2Gig!

So what? Get enough spool space in /var/spool/mqueue and a platform
with 64 bit file support and it works just fine. I have some boxes
where the users send 100+ MByte mails on a regular base. Once you beat
the procmail into submission, this simply works.

sendmail is one of the very best pieces of free multi-platform
software that is available. I really admire the people that wrote
it. Kudos to everyone that wrote on this software. All hail Eric
Allman. ;-)

It is mean, tough, hard to understand and configure but definitely
industrial strength, proven and reliable. Something you can't say of
all this sissy "free" software around today.

And once you get a hang of "left side, right side" rules, you can read
sendmail.cf like normal text. The idea of using an algorithmic concept
for a config file still shines after twenty years of development. So
much for "GUIs".

sendmail rocks
Henning
--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH [email protected]

Am Schwabachgrund 22 Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0 [email protected]
D-91054 Buckenhof Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20