2013-04-26 16:30:27

by Matt Fleming

Subject: [GIT PULL] EFI urgent fix

Hi Peter, Linus,

I've got a small patch that fixes a crash for the Google folks and their
EFI SMI driver, which was caused by dereferencing a garbage pointer.

Please consider pulling.

The following changes since commit f697036b93aa7345d4cbb3c854a76456c0ddac45:

efi: Check EFI revision in setup_efi_vars (2013-04-24 16:19:01 +0100)

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mfleming/efi.git tags/efi-urgent

for you to fetch changes up to 45432323ef7038a91599959173700fdb8a0adb2f:

efivars: only check for duplicates on the registered list (2013-04-26 16:50:01 +0100)

* Last minute bugfix for the efivars code. The google EFI SMI driver
maintains its own list of EFI variables but the efivars core was
directly accessing a different (and in this case, uninitialised) list
resulting in a crash.

Matt Fleming (1):
efivars: only check for duplicates on the registered list

drivers/firmware/efivars.c | 12 +++++++-----

Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center

2013-04-26 16:40:49

by Linus Torvalds

Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] EFI urgent fix

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Matt Fleming <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Peter, Linus,
>
> I've got a small patch that fixes a crash for the Google folks and their
> EFI SMI driver, which was caused by dereferencing a garbage pointer.

Hmm. I already took this from the earlier email you sent. Did it change since?

Linus

2013-04-26 16:48:51

by Matt Fleming

On Fri, 26 Apr, at 09:40:46AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Matt Fleming <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi Peter, Linus,
> >
> > I've got a small patch that fixes a crash for the Google folks and their
> > EFI SMI driver, which was caused by dereferencing a garbage pointer.
>
> Hmm. I already took this from the earlier email you sent. Did it change since?

Nope, there hasn't been any change. I just didn't know whether you
preferred to take the fix via email or a pull request.

Thanks for picking this up.

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center