2014-06-03 22:34:23

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: bad commits in the nfs tree

Hi Trond,

I noticed in the nfs tree this morning 2 commits that have been
cherry-picked from Linus' tree:

cc6d854967ce Linux 3.15-rc8
2b267bb3a8e5 powerpc: Wire renameat2() syscall

These are part of a branch that you merged from Anna Schumaker. It
looks like they may have been included when Anna was trying to rebase
the rest of the branch onto v3.15-rc8?

Please fix this up before asking Linus to pull your tree.
Stephen Rothwell [email protected]

Attachments:
signature.asc (836.00 B)

2014-06-03 22:46:19

by Trond Myklebust

Subject: Re: linux-next: bad commits in the nfs tree

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 6:34 PM, Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Trond,
>
> I noticed in the nfs tree this morning 2 commits that have been
> cherry-picked from Linus' tree:
>
> cc6d854967ce Linux 3.15-rc8
> 2b267bb3a8e5 powerpc: Wire renameat2() syscall
>
> These are part of a branch that you merged from Anna Schumaker. It
> looks like they may have been included when Anna was trying to rebase
> the rest of the branch onto v3.15-rc8?
>
> Please fix this up before asking Linus to pull your tree.

Thanks Stephen! We're still ironing out the kinks in a new process for
the NFS client maintenance, and appreciate your patience.

Anna, let's avoid the mess that is 3.15-rc8 for now. Please rebase on
top of commit b5968725f46d (Push the file layout driver into a
subdirectory) from my nfs-for-next branch and retag the resulting
branch using the same commit information as earlier.
I'll pull the new tag once you send the word that all is ready...

Thanks
Trond

2014-06-04 12:39:07

by Anna Schumaker

On 06/03/2014 06:46 PM, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 6:34 PM, Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi Trond,
>>
>> I noticed in the nfs tree this morning 2 commits that have been
>> cherry-picked from Linus' tree:
>>
>> cc6d854967ce Linux 3.15-rc8
>> 2b267bb3a8e5 powerpc: Wire renameat2() syscall
>>
>> These are part of a branch that you merged from Anna Schumaker. It
>> looks like they may have been included when Anna was trying to rebase
>> the rest of the branch onto v3.15-rc8?
>>
>> Please fix this up before asking Linus to pull your tree.
>>

> Thanks Stephen! We're still ironing out the kinks in a new process for
> the NFS client maintenance, and appreciate your patience.
>
> Anna, let's avoid the mess that is 3.15-rc8 for now. Please rebase on
> top of commit b5968725f46d (Push the file layout driver into a
> subdirectory) from my nfs-for-next branch and retag the resulting
> branch using the same commit information as earlier.
> I'll pull the new tag once you send the word that all is ready...

Sure. I'll take care of that right away!

Anna