2020-04-18 10:47:03

by Pavel Machek

Subject: Arm CryptoCell driver -- default Y, even on machines where it is obviously useless

Hi!

I'm configuring kernel for x86, and I get offered HW_RANDOM_CCTRNG
with default=Y, and help text suggesting I should enable it.

That's... two wrong suggestions, right?

Best regards,
Pavel

(No filename) (352.00 B)
signature.asc (188.00 B)
Digital signature

by Hadar Gat

Hi Pavel,
I think you got it right..
Indeed, Arm CryptoCell CCTRNG driver couldn't be used and obviously useless if the Arm CryptoCell HW does not exist in the system.
BR,
Hadar

2020-04-25 21:23:11

by Pavel Machek

On Sat 2020-04-18 20:31:00, Hadar Gat wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
> I think you got it right..
> Indeed, Arm CryptoCell CCTRNG driver couldn't be used and obviously
useless if the Arm CryptoCell HW does not exist in the system.

Yup.. So.. can authors fix it somehow?

Thanks,
Pavel

(No filename) (433.00 B)