2000-11-30 15:31:18

by Gunter K?nigsmann

Subject: Kernel 2.2.17, makefile bug

Hello, there!

Everything works just fine, but

'make bzlilo'

compiles the kernel, and runs lilo, but it fails to copy it to
/boot/vmlinuz before that.

Thanks,

Gunter.

--
If you go parachuting, and your parachute doesn't open, and your friends are
all watching you fall, I think a funny gag would be to pretend you were

2000-11-30 15:47:03

by Dr. Michael Weller

Subject: Re: Kernel 2.2.17, makefile bug

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, [ISO-8859-1] Gunter K?nigsmann wrote:

> 'make bzlilo'
> compiles the kernel, and runs lilo, but it fails to copy it to
> /boot/vmlinuz before that.

You remembered to modify the toplevel Makefile (see comments there)
if you want the new kernel in /boot rather than the default location of /,
did you?

Michael.

--

Michael Weller: [email protected], [email protected],
or even [email protected]. If you encounter an eowmob account on

2000-11-30 15:49:13

by Juri Haberland

Gunter K?nigsmann wrote:

> Hello, there!
>
> Everything works just fine, but
>
> 'make bzlilo'
>
> compiles the kernel, and runs lilo, but it fails to copy it to
> /boot/vmlinuz before that.

Look in /.
If you want bzlilo to copy your kernel image to boot uncomment the line
#export INSTALL_PATH=/boot
in /usr/src/linux/Makefile.

Juri

system engineer innominate AG
clustering & security the linux architects
tel: +49-30-308806-45 fax: -77 http://www.innominate.com