2002-09-19 21:19:20

by Gustavo Lozano

Subject: Kernel message: kernel: memory: cbc1eee0 what is?

Hello

My 2.4.19 box today showed these 2 messages:

Hostname: kernel: memory: cbc1eee0
Hostname: kernel: memory: cbc1ef60

What is the signifance of such messages?

_________________ __________________
Gustavo A. Lozano Noldata Corporation

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought,
but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein

2002-09-19 22:53:52

by Neale Banks

Subject: Re: Kernel message: kernel: memory: cbc1eee0 what is?

On 19 Sep 2002, Gustavo Lozano wrote:

> Hello
>
> My 2.4.19 box today showed these 2 messages:
>
> Hostname: kernel: memory: cbc1eee0
> Hostname: kernel: memory: cbc1ef60
>

> What is the signifance of such messages?

Hmm... you *sure* it wasn't "memory :" (note space before colon)?

If so, might be agpgart_fe's ambiguious printk (and disgustingly normal).
I'll post a patch RSN.

HTH,
Neale.

2002-09-20 00:34:54

by Gustavo Lozano

I will check, I just transcribed it.

As soon as I get back into my home I will write you back

Rgds
and thanks a lot

___
Gustavo A. Lozano