2000-11-07 22:45:35

by Su Hwan Hwang

Subject: How to study linux kernel?

I'm interested in linux-kernel but I'm beginner.

So I don't know how to study linux-kernel.

Please tell me.

http://profiles.msn.com.

2000-11-07 23:03:37

by Jeff Merkey

Subject: Re: How to study linux kernel?

Su Hwan Hwang wrote:

> I'm interested in linux-kernel but I'm beginner.
>
> So I don't know how to study linux-kernel.

1. Go to http://www.linuxdoc.org and read the HOWTOs on the Linux kernel.
2. Buy a coffee maker and 3000 lbs. of coffee beans. You will also
need a coffee grinder to grind the beans so you can stay awake around
the clock reviewing code.
3. Grow a very thick skin and expect "baptism by fire" when asking any
question on this list.
4. Be very nice to Alan Cox. He will answer questions and if you are
really wanting to help out.
5. Buy a copy of "Unix - a practical implementation" and read it.
6. "Linux Kernel Internals" is another great book, get it -- the basics
are there.
7. Grow a ponytail -- view it as your telepathic antenna to other Linux
Kernel Developers.

:-)

Jeff

> Please tell me.

by Dave Jones

> I'm interested in linux-kernel but I'm beginner.
> So I don't know how to study linux-kernel.
> Please tell me.

http://www.kernelnewbies.org

regards,

Davej.

--
| Dave Jones <[email protected]> http://www.suse.de/~davej
| SuSE Labs

2000-11-07 23:37:31

by Rik van Riel

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Su Hwan Hwang wrote:

> I'm interested in linux-kernel but I'm beginner.
>
> So I don't know how to study linux-kernel.

http://kernelnewbies.org/

Rik
of people. That is its real strength.

http://www.conectiva.com/ http://www.surriel.com/