2002-02-21 11:46:22

by Jon Masters

Subject: VM problems still in 2.4.17?

Hi,

Can someone tell me what the state of play is concerning VM issues in
2.4.17? I've had another spontaneous panic overnight that I'm hoping to
debug later but the last few times this has happened has been due to vm.

--jcm

2002-02-21 13:25:47

by Alan

Subject: Re: VM problems still in 2.4.17?

> Can someone tell me what the state of play is concerning VM issues in
> 2.4.17? I've had another spontaneous panic overnight that I'm hoping to
> debug later but the last few times this has happened has been due to vm.

Try 2.4.18rc2. If its the LRU and related funnies then 2.4.18rc2 should
be a lot more solid. The 2.4.18-rc2 vm behaves somewhat better than 2.4.17
in normal situations too