2000-10-28 09:30:44

by Riley Williams

Subject: Obviously-correct patch to 2.2.17

Hi Alan.

This patch simply corrects a couple of comments in the said file to
reflect what the code actually does rather than (presumably) what the
code used to do at some time in the distant past.

In my case, I've been working on a patch for the kernel that uses
these facilities, and was getting confused because of the discrepancy
between what the comments say and what actually happens. It wasn't
until I realised that the comments were just plain wrong that I was
able to sort the thing out, so I'm submitting this patch to prevent
others having the same problem.

Incidentally, the code as it stands actually simplifies the patch I
was working on considerably, and I regard this as a useful feature as
a result.

I don't have the latest 2.4-pre kernel to hand to check, but it's
quite likely that this patch can also be applied to that with the same
results.

Best wishes from Riley.

* Copyright (C) 2000, Memory Alpha Systems.
* All rights and wrongs reserved.

* http://www.memalpha.cx/Linux/Kernel/

Attachments:
printk.diff (713.00 B)