2001-02-06 18:17:07

by Mike A. Harris

Subject: Re: Matrox G450 problems with 2.4.0 and xfree

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Petr Vandrovec wrote:

>> I don't have Windows installed on my machine, but I find that if I
>> cold boot to 2.2 (RH7) first and start up X (4.0.2 with Matrox driver
>> 1.00.04 compiled in), I am then able to "shutdown -r now" and warm
>
>Yes, they use same secret code... At least I think...

Are you refering to Windows or Red Hat Linux? I can assure you
that Red Hat Linux's XFree package doesn't have any secret code
in it with 110% certainty. Nor will it have in the future.

Binary only modules are not acceptable in Red Hat Linux and I
will not include them in XFree86 unless forced at gunpoint.

Mike A. Harris - Linux advocate - Free Software advocate
This message is copyright 2001, all rights reserved.
Views expressed are my own, not necessarily shared by my employer.
"If it isn't source, it isn't software." -- NASA