2001-04-29 20:56:45

by Mike A. Harris

Subject: ICQ masq modules for 2.2?

Where can one obtain the ip_masq_icq.o module source for 2.2.x?
Searches on freshmeat turn up nothing, search on google turns up
a page that has module source for 2.2.x, 2.0.x but when
downloaded the file is corrupt (on the server side, not just my
download). Further searching reveals nothing but dead web links
and email that point to nowhere as well.

Any help in obtaining the source for this module would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike A. Harris - Linux advocate - Free Software advocate
This message is copyright 2001, all rights reserved.
Views expressed are my own, not necessarily shared by my employer.

by Frank v Waveren

Subject: Re: ICQ masq modules for 2.2?

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 04:56:16PM -0400, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> Any help in obtaining the source for this module would be greatly
> appreciated.

>From the readme included in the tarball:

Homepage
~~~~~~~~
primary: http://freeshell.org/~djsf/masq-icq/
alternate: http://djsf.narod.ru/masq-icq/
http://www.chat.ru/~djsf/masq-icq/
http://djsf.webjump.com/masq-icq/
http://members.xoom.com/djsf/masq-icq/
http://djsf.tripod.com/masq-icq/

At least some of these work for me... I really wonder why this guy
didn't go to sourceforge or something, I'm sure there are lots of
people who would like to properly something as useful as this.

--
Frank v Waveren Fingerprint: 0EDB 8787
fvw@[var.cx|dse.nl|stack.nl|chello.nl] ICQ#10074100 09B9 6EF5 6425 B855

2001-04-30 04:07:03

by Mike A. Harris

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Frank v Waveren wrote:

>Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 06:02:22 +0200
>From: Frank v Waveren <[email protected]>
>To: Mike A. Harris <[email protected]>
>Subject: Re: ICQ masq modules for 2.2?
>
>On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 04:56:16PM -0400, Mike A. Harris wrote:
>> Any help in obtaining the source for this module would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>
>>From the readme included in the tarball:
>
>Homepage
>~~~~~~~~
> primary: http://freeshell.org/~djsf/masq-icq/
> alternate: http://djsf.narod.ru/masq-icq/
> http://www.chat.ru/~djsf/masq-icq/
> http://djsf.webjump.com/masq-icq/
> http://members.xoom.com/djsf/masq-icq/
> http://djsf.tripod.com/masq-icq/
>
>At least some of these work for me... I really wonder why this guy
>didn't go to sourceforge or something, I'm sure there are lots of
>people who would like to properly something as useful as this.

Thanks, someone sent me the source tarball of version 0.56 and
I've got it installed and working great now. It would indeed be
nice if the project was on sourceforge and easy to find.

What would be even nicer is if the author did any required
cleaning to the patch and submitted it to
Rusty/Alan/Linus/whoever for kernel inclusion along with other
modules already there. ;o)