2004-10-20 19:31:26

by Richard B. Johnson

Subject: M$ Mail-servers

Anybody got some ammunition I can throw in the way
of the local Net Nazi who is going to make all email
go to a centralized mail-server where one has to
access it through a web-crawler like it was yahoo.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.6.9 on an i686 machine (5537.79 GrumpyMips).
98.36% of all statistics are fiction.

2004-10-20 20:24:54

by Nate Riffe

Subject: Re: M$ Mail-servers

I cannot believe Richard B. Johnson said this on the ENTARNET:
> Anybody got some ammunition I can throw in the way
> of the local Net Nazi who is going to make all email
> go to a centralized mail-server where one has to
> access it through a web-crawler like it was yahoo.
>
> Thanks in advance.

UUCP over SSH. Need a hub to link to?

--
--< ((\))< >----< [email protected] >----< http://www.movealong.org/ >--
pub 1024D/05A058E0 2002-03-07 Nate Riffe (06-Mar-2002) <[email protected]>

2004-10-20 20:59:41

by Richard B. Johnson

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Nate Riffe wrote:

> I cannot believe Richard B. Johnson said this on the ENTARNET:
>> Anybody got some ammunition I can throw in the way
>> of the local Net Nazi who is going to make all email
>> go to a centralized mail-server where one has to
>> access it through a web-crawler like it was yahoo.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> UUCP over SSH. Need a hub to link to?

Not quite yet. "I've only begun to fight!" They won't
trust us with getting mail into our physical systems
anymore because they think that we can get viruses
and spread the plague like M$. They don't understand
that virii, worms, and clap are M$ instruments.

They have been port-scanning this machine all day long
with some kiddie-script that's supposed to break into
M$ machines. They do that from INSIDE the firewall in
an attempt to "prove" vulnerability. So far, it just
eats CPU cycles, dumping the net-spew on the floor:

20: 2713636494 IO-APIC-level eth0

.. that many network interrupts since this morning...

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.6.9 on an i686 machine (5537.79 GrumpyMips).
98.36% of all statistics are fiction.

2004-10-22 06:42:31

by Stuart Longland